Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Simplification, does it apply to my longhorns?

I've been trying to simplify my life these days, and that means getting rid of so many things I don't need or have ability to care for! But then when I think about these creatures who've come into my life... some are not just "cows"... some of these were orphans, and how my heart gets tugged. Do I really think that I will be able to sell them?


Well, maybe... but only if they go to a place that would treat them as pets.. but then again, how could Aledo be anywhere but here?


On second thought... simplification may not apply to my cows!





Aledo calved first with a girl just as curious as her momma! She loves the cats, but they won't get too close. Madame Butterfly (see the wings on her head between those lovely horns?) has a blond and white little bull this year (Cindy and the little brown and white steer are hers too... she is prolific!), and Aquila is the BIG black and white momma with the little brown and white baby. We weren't even sure she was gonna have a calf this year. The steers will have the prettiest horns, but all of them surely do add pretty color and personality to my green fields. Aledo is still my little orphan who my favorite vet rescued and brought to our side yard garden to recoup... and then.... she stayed.




I think simplification is not as "simple" as I wish it were!

No comments: