Friday, March 14, 2008

first visitors

Yesterday Latte had visitors who'd much anticipated these little ones. SJ was most concerned when I told him that Latte's babies were in her tummy... his little distressed face expressed his heart "mommy did she eat them?"... so it's good that now we can complete the explanation with a great visual. The squirmy little black babies that were indeed in their mommy and are now out for us to cuddle. TR was first to come by. Elly held the little bundle for TR to examine and make sure all was as it should be.
yep... looks good Tahtee, now can I get in the play pen with them. To which mommy, Ellena said ..."I'm thinking that's not going to be such a good idea for the boys."... so from the outside my precious warrior grandsons get to touch and love the babies.
But then Latte gets another visitor... After she gets out of school, and before softball practice, there is a little 1st grader that has been the MOST anxious of all to see the babies. In fact, her request to me was... "Tahtee, can I name them?" now this is a REALLY big deal... you must understand... because to NAME something is to place a certain CLAIM on that which is named... so, KG gets to NAME THE BABIES.... and my name , Caesar, is NOT one of them...
Tahtee, I like Miley... because of Hannah Montana, and I like that girl that sings that song about "clothes on the line"... but I think I'll call her JEWEL... because she is so pretty. Okay sweetheart, Jewel it is, now what are we gonna call our little boy?
Well, I was thinking Chubby would be good since he got stuck, but that's not a really nice name, and I really like the name you picked, but Tahtee,.... you said I could name him.
Yes, I did KG... so what is it gonna be?
Well, he's got black hair, and he's a bit of a showy puppy.... I think we'll call him
ELVIS!!!!
see how he "shakes hands" with me? I like them Tahtee!
I do too!
Aren't we gonna have fun with them until we see who's hearts will hold them next?

1 comment:

Diana Latham said...

I so love reading your stories, Carla. So glad that Latte is alright. Those would have been anxious hours. What sweet baby puppies and how blessed you are to have your sweet grandkids so close. So happy for you.
Love you, Di